So for a bit longer than a week I’ve been eating vegan only. It has been going pretty easy and I’m really enjoying experimenting with plant based recipes. Here’s the dish I liked best so far, a yellow curry with chickpeas, zucchini, carrot, buckwheat noodles and of course some cashew nuts, spring onions and cilantro to top it off. The best part is it’s super easy and quick to make!
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 sliced carrot
- 1/3 diced zucchini
- 200 grams of chickpeas from a can
- yellow curry paste (I used about 50gr. of Mae Ploy but any brand will do, check instructions for how much to use and if you aren’t a spice fan, use a little less.)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml coconut cream (you can use cocomilk instead, then cook some longer)
- 260 grams of buckwheat noodles (you can also use other types, or rice if you like)
- some oil, sunflower or coconut
for the topping:
- 1 handful of cashew nuts
- 1 spring onion
- some cilantro
- some lime juice
- few drops of Sriracha sauce
Start by cutting the carrot, zucchini, onion and garlic.
Put some oil in a pan, wait till it’s hot and lightly fry the onion, adding the curry paste right after on high fire.
Throw in the garlic, stir fry for a bit, add the carrot and keep stirring, adding the zucchini after 1 minute.
After one more minute you can slowly throw in the coconut milk. Keep stirring.
Bring everything to a boil and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
Slowly add the coconut cream and again let it simmer.
Now you can prepare the buckwheat noodles following the instructions on the package (if you use rice then start before making the rest)
In the meanwhile, chop the spring onion, cashew nuts and cilantro.
Taste the curry and see if it either needs some more coconut cream or curry paste, add by flavor.
When the taste and the thickness of the curry is as you like, add the chickpeas and let them warm a bit.
Put the noodles and curry in a bowl and add the toppings… Enjoy!